Let’s fix the KB5017321 update error. There is this error 0x800f0806 when I want to update. KB5017321 fails to install in Windows 11 is an update installation issue in September. This is the 22H2 update for Windows 11 that includes various pc error solutions.
This update requires 450 MB of extra space in your windows drive. The download and installation of these updates can sometimes show errors like 0x800f0806 on pc and laptops. The issue can occur when some system files are corrupted, so to fix this problem we will have to follow below simple steps.
How to fix KB5017321 fails to install in Windows 11?
- Restart your computer.
- Click Start Menu and type Command Prompt.
- Right-click the terminal and click Run As Administrator.
- Copy and paste the following commands and wait for the verification to be finished:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
sfc / scannow
- Restart the PC.
If for some reasons, this problem doesn’t work on your computer, you can follow below steps which will clean your computer’s software distribution folder, and it helps your computer to boost up for update installaiton.
How to clear Software Distribution Folder?
- Press the Windows key and type Command Prompt.
- Right-click the Command Prompt and click Run As Administrator.
- You can stop the Windows Update service to clear the software distribution folder by running the following:
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
- Open the Run box with Windows and R keys.
- Enter C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution there and hit OK.
- Select all the files and press the Delete button to clear the software distribution folder.
- Go to Command Prompt again and execute:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
- Check if the error is resolved.
Hey! If you have a question related to today’s topic, feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Cool if you would share this article on socials media. ♡